Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: New to duramax

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New to duramax

Found a 06 LBZ duramax is that a good engine will I have to do any engine mods

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brobeans View Post
    Found a 06 LBZ duramax is that a good engine will I have to do any engine mods
    @brobeans I'm afraid we don't understand your question.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Some report the most common problem were Glow Plugs for these engines. Do a vin check and see the history of the specific truck. Most glow plugs were recalled I believe. Otherwise the LBZ was a great engine. You'll want to know if the previous owner tuned it or anything like that obviously. Every truck is different so just make sure to cover the basics. If anything odd stands out have a mechanic check it out also.

As far as mods-yes you'll want to mod any duramax. Most basic is EFI live by atptrucks (Idaho rob)

4. Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

been driving a 05 at work and never had a issue
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

6. Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: New to duramax

I just bought an 06 a few months ago and couldn't be happier. As Drewsef said the LBZ engine have very few problems

8. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post