Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: NEED HELP ASAP...!!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

NEED HELP ASAP...!!!!

2014 gmc sierra 2500 hd lml.. this problem just started last Friday on my drive home. I travel for work and drive home on the weekend's well after 3hrs of driving came to a red light went to stop it turned green so I pressed the throttle and it just died no spit no sputter nothing rpm just dropped i changed both fuel filters on my fass (under hood filter had been removed before I bought it) and cracked on it fir probably 30 to 45 minutes then it started out out nowhere. Ran fine all weekend driving back to work and again roght around 3hrs into the drive it died same thing changed fuel filters cracked for a while fired up drove fine all week just drove and let idle for 3 hrs same thing. No codes are popping up on my cts monitor change fuel filter light stays on and won't go off come right back on when I reset it. Could it be my cp4? Or maybe my fass loosing prime??

Deleted and tuned (bought truck that way) fass 150, cold air intake, fuel filter "delete"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: NEED HELP ASAP...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmh-7935 View Post
    2014 gmc sierra 2500 hd lml.. this problem just started last Friday on my drive home. I travel for work and drive home on the weekend's well after 3hrs of driving came to a red light went to stop it turned green so I pressed the throttle and it just died no spit no sputter nothing rpm just dropped i changed both fuel filters on my fass (under hood filter had been removed before I bought it) and cracked on it fir probably 30 to 45 minutes then it started out out nowhere. Ran fine all weekend driving back to work and again roght around 3hrs into the drive it died same thing changed fuel filters cracked for a while fired up drove fine all week just drove and let idle for 3 hrs same thing. No codes are popping up on my cts monitor change fuel filter light stays on and won't go off come right back on when I reset it. Could it be my cp4? Or maybe my fass loosing prime??

Deleted and tuned (bought truck that way) fass 150, cold air intake, fuel filter "delete"

I wouldn't think its the filter. If your filter is that bad you will develop a low rail pressure light then go into reduced power. Lean environments can create a meltdown. To protect the motor it reduces power. Just experienced this monday. Must have picked up bad fuel. If I had to poke a guess it probably is loosing prime.

3. Thanks jmh-7935 thanked for this post
    Likes jmh-7935 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    I wouldn't think its the filter. If your filter is that bad you will develop a low rail pressure light then go into reduced power. Lean environments can create a meltdown. To protect the motor it reduces power. Just experienced this monday. Must have picked up bad fuel. If I had to poke a guess it probably is loosing prime.

What do I need to do?? To hopefully solve this..

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What do I need to do?? To hopefully solve this..

That part i have no idea.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That part i have no idea.

Like loosing prime at my fass?? Ot somewhere else in the fuel system??

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Like loosing prime at my fass?? Ot somewhere else in the fuel system??

At the fass. In my opinion.

8. Likes jmh-7935 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Okay thank you ill crawl under and look

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Turns out its a pressure relief valve.. my tank had to much pressure in it and didn't have anywhere to go so it kept vapor locking my truck thats why my when I dropped my fuel filters it would fix it cause it was releasing pressure. Haven't figured out which one it is yet. But the trucks drive able with the fuel cap loose

11. Likes zamoramax liked this post