Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Differential

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Question Front Differential

So, i believe I have blown my Front Differential up. After a two hour trip of grinding sounding like it was coming from a wheel bearing (Started on my return to FT Bragg, so i drove it through and sucked it up) When i returned i parked it for the night and the next morning, i got a jack under it and to my surprise my wheel bearing was not at all bad. Next i went ahead and checked the CV axel but it's brand new. I unbolted the CV axel from the Front drive axel on the front diff and sure enough, i was spinning the axel with some serious grinding coming from it. I found a used front diff about an hour from me for $75 out of a burned truck. Dude called me on a Craigslist Add i put up and said he bought the truck for the motor/trans and the diff has been sitting. Does anybody have any tips or tricks for doing this swap? 07.5 LMM, 6 inch Fabtech lift.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

We never did one yet, but we will ask around. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Eh, things happen. Only part that has me scratching my head is it hasn't been put in 4wd in months, and has never been 4wd launched or anything like that

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

When was the last time the fluid was changed?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That i don't know, before i bought the truck 30,000 miles ago. So its my own dumb fault. I will be doing both differentials, and at 30k id say its just time to do everything.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ditrymaxx93 View Post
    That i don't know, before i bought the truck 30,000 miles ago. So its my own dumb fault. I will be doing both differentials, and at 30k id say its just time to do everything.
    That could have been the issue.

On another not did you see our lifetime membership? Only$69 and comes with a *FREE* Hoodie.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It Probably was the issue, and yes, i did see that. Once i get my truck fixed and i can spare the money, ill do it.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It Probably was the issue, and yes, i did see that. Once i get my truck fixed and i can spare the money, ill do it.
    Awesome!

How many miles on your DMAX?

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Currently 197,607 Miles

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Currently 197,607 Miles
    We bet it was the fluid then. What type of fluid you putting back in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast