Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New Guy

Hello from Kansas City. I'm picking up a 2015 Chevy 3500 this afternoon. It's my 1st diesel truck and I'm excited about all of its potential. I love to hunt and fish all over the mid-west so I do a lot of towing. I was tired of my 2010 F-150 5.0L struggling to get up hills while pulling a load. I'm hopeful this truck is my new best tool. Thanks

Randy

2. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@KSBoy welcome and congrats friend!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

welcome to the fun
    and I and sure it wont disappoint
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Welcome

7. Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm disappointed to report that my truck has developed an oil leak. It's coming from a cross-threaded bolt in the motor. My dealer was quick to find the problem and told me that the only solution was to replace the motor. I have right at 10k miles on the motor. They sent all the info the GM to get the authorization for the replacement.

GM has decided that they want to try an experiment to fix the motor. They want to pull it out and send it out to get milled and then put it back in and hope for the best. Naturally I'm pretty unhappy about the proposed solution.

I called GM customer care on 9/4/15 and they told me that they would help and get back to me on the 8th after the Labor Day holiday. They haven't called me once but I have called everyday to get an update. I haven't been able to get my Senior Advisor on the phone but other customer care reps have told me that they are busy and to be patient.
    I'm finding it difficult to be patient and am afraid to drive the truck with the cross-threaded bolt holding back the oil. I'm worried that I'll drive it and come out to find a large pool of oil under it or have my oil light come on while driving on the interstate because the oil has come out while I was driving.

Sorry for the long rant but I wanted everyone to know that there are issues with the 2015 Duramax engines. I did a Google search and found that a number of others are having leaks but most seem fixable by their dealer.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What dealership you dealing with @KSBoy?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm working with Reed Chevrolet in St Joseph, MO. They have been very helpful and all of my experiences with them have been positive.
    Randy

12. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Keep us updated.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

14. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm taking the truck in tomorrow for the experimental repair to the motor. Hopefully it will work. I'm very disappointed in GM right now and regretting spending nearly $70k to get the "ultimate" vehicle.

The repair might take up to 2 weeks to complete. I have tried calling my "senior" customer service rep Jessica every single day since 9/4/15 and amazingly have never gotten her on the phone 1 single time. I have left her VM, talked to other screeners but never Jessica. She's always "unavailiable".

Fortunately, Reed Chevrolet is loaning me a truck while mine is in for repairs.

I'll update once its done.

Randy

15. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dropped off the truck today. Reed Chevrolet gave me a Duramax equipped 2500. Not sure how long my truck will be in the shop. Estimate is 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast