Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fass style filter delete for those w lift pumps, D.Y.I.(DO IT YOURSELF)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Red face fass style filter delete for those w lift pumps, D.Y.I.(DO IT YOURSELF)

hi everyone , thought to share my latest idea, making your own fass style filter delete bowl from a napa gold plastic filter , retains filter head , pump tO prime , heater, bleed screw,you can simply pop out the filter media, I used a socket and hammer through the waf(water in filter) sensor hole ,which also will be retained ,and a scribe tool to pry gently at the filter media lock tabs in the bottom of filter , I wish I could post pics ,....im installing a fass titanium 150 lift pump and can use cat replacement filter,deleting the factory filter,or cat adapter (mine was seeping and causing loss of prime ,)...anyhow screws right inplace just like the aluminum fass one w new o ring .....save yourself a hundred bucks , I just had a old napa gold filter laying around ,and you can get a adapter screw for a pressure guage at bleed screw port like 10 bucks,necessity the mother of invention.....
    Last edited by markymark; 02-11-2014 at 03:38 AM. Reason: typo

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Got any pics of this idea?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

my pics on fb wall under pics

yes , on my facebook page ,since im a free member im not allowed to post pics here I guess,mark bidwell , my profile pic is a Tonka truck dump truck (yellow )it basically a copy of fass bowl ,thanks

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Post the link to your page

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Mark do you have any other hosting sites like photobucket that you use for pics?

Reason we don't let free members upload pics is spam.

Also check out the memberships. Free goodies included.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Lord knows I've eaten my share of Spam over the years. LOL

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

to be honest im not great w compooter, I don't know how to post links here ,exactly ,im more a visual person show me how and I learn ,im good with mechanical things these electronics scare me ,just friend me on face book then you can post my links or pics of how I did this simple mod , heck it should save people a hundred buck ,many have this filter on their shelf or 30 bucks at napa is cheaper than 90 or more for the aluminum one,,1,2,3, go

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

what name and state should I look for?

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

s

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You divided in 3 pieces or what? Or can't you decide where to live? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast