Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: L5P owners what you think?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

L5P owners what you think?

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum I am a lifetime platinum member at igottacummins. But I'm thinking about going back to a Duramax!

So does anyone on here have an L5P if so what do you think about it? Even if you don't own one what do you think about the new engine?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: L5P owners what you think?

I absolutely love mine, this motor is strong and has a lot of power. The exhaust braking is amazing, it easily slowed me down from 75 mph towing a four wheeler trailer in the length of the off ramp. The noise is something you may or may not care about, but I personally think it is only super quiet at idle. Around town their is some nice noise to listen to(sometimes I turn my music off to listen to the engine, it is better then music). On the highway the truck shuts right up, and gives you a very nice, no stress environment. I could easily go four and a half hours on the highway without stopping, maybe more, its that good. The interior on the highway is comparable to my lexus lx570, it is so quiet. And I would like to issue a warning as far as a stock truck goes, this thing is fast, I have floored it a few times from a dead stop, and there is torque management in first gear, but once it shifts, hold on. This new powertrain is amazing, and cool, I mean a functional hood scoop. What is not cool about that. I to was always more of a cummins guy, but I went with the Duramax instead, and I have not been disappointed. I would definitely recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: L5P owners what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 1thackattack View Post
    I absolutely love mine, this motor is strong and has a lot of power. The exhaust braking is amazing, it easily slowed me down from 75 mph towing a four wheeler trailer in the length of the off ramp. The noise is something you may or may not care about, but I personally think it is only super quiet at idle. Around town their is some nice noise to listen to(sometimes I turn my music off to listen to the engine, it is better then music). On the highway the truck shuts right up, and gives you a very nice, no stress environment. I could easily go four and a half hours on the highway without stopping, maybe more, its that good. The interior on the highway is comparable to my lexus lx570, it is so quiet. And I would like to issue a warning as far as a stock truck goes, this thing is fast, I have floored it a few times from a dead stop, and there is torque management in first gear, but once it shifts, hold on. This new powertrain is amazing, and cool, I mean a functional hood scoop. What is not cool about that. I to was always more of a cummins guy, but I went with the Duramax instead, and I have not been disappointed. I would definitely recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks brother really appreciate the reply. I loved my LBZ it was a very quick truck with similar mods to my Cummins. BUT I miss my Duramax especially the sound!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post