Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Got her running

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Got her running

After sitting for almost 2 years, I was forced to move my truck from where I had it stored, so instead of just towing it to another storage spot, I went to PPE and had them build a stand alone harness. I put the new harness in, took about 45 minutes, tried to start it, and nothing. Cranked a little slow, but it should've fired. Went through everything in the wire harness and everything was good. Went through the whole fuel system and everything looked good, but I found the fitting at the front of the passenger side fuel rail was a hair loose. I didn't even have to tighten it a quarter turn, but I tightened it, cranked it a couple times, and it finally fired on the 3rd crank. I drove it to a friend's house to button up the dash wiring where it sat for another month, but it's now in my driveway. Unfortunately, I still have to figure out all the electrical for the rest of the truck, but it runs and drives, so I'm one huge step closer to getting it on the road. It still needs to be registered in California, so it has no plates yet, and without brake lights, it's kind of sketchy to drive around town, but oh well. The cops around here usually let big trucks slide as long as you're not blowing smoke and doing burnouts. There is one issue though, there's a pretty good draw on the battery when it's parked, but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Got her running

@MattFaria awesome that it runs!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTADURAMAX View Post
    @MattFaria awesome that it runs!
    Thanks, I was gonna post a video of it running, but I can only post pictures on here. I posted a couple videos of it on my Instagram (@mattfaria6.6). I'm not supposed to drive it on the street because it has no lights and isn't registered in California, but I do anyways. I can't resist the horsepower. I actually ran out of fuel today about 10 miles from my house and had to call a friend to save my ***, but as soon as it had fuel and got all the air out of the system, it cranked and I was back on the road. None of my gauges on my dash work yet and I didn't pay attention to how many miles I had driven on the little bit of fuel I had, so I stranded myself.

5. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Your video on YouTube?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTADURAMAX View Post
    Your video on YouTube?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    No, I've just posted short clips of it running on Instagram, but once it's street legal, I'll post something on YouTube

8. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post