Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 2006 lly vs 2006 lbz

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2006 lly vs 2006 lbz

So, I have an 06. Still working on time for issues some are trying to help with. It has been said that an early 06 is an lbz, just tuned down. That's why the torque doesn't match up with the 05. I am under the impression that the 06 started the LBZ but was not epa certified so it had to be brought down to the lly output. My question. If I'm correct can I just tune my truck as a late 06 and get that 50-55 ish HP? Also I have herd that a simple flash pack unlocks that 50-55 HP plus whatever it gives on top of that. Are these statements true.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2006 lly vs 2006 lbz

Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    So, I have an 06. Still working on time for issues some are trying to help with. It has been said that an early 06 is an lbz, just tuned down. That's why the torque doesn't match up with the 05. I am under the impression that the 06 started the LBZ but was not epa certified so it had to be brought down to the lly output. My question. If I'm correct can I just tune my truck as a late 06 and get that 50-55 ish HP? Also I have herd that a simple flash pack unlocks that 50-55 HP plus whatever it gives on top of that. Are these statements true.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yes, you pretty much have it. The 2006 model year have the same identical engines. The only difference is the tune and the ECM. Engine code "2" indicates the 2006 "LLY" tune and engine code "D" Indicates the later 2006 "LBZ" tune. Check out this video from Duramax tuner to help understand it better.:
    Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

4. Thanks zamoramax, IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes zamoramax, IGOTADURAMAX liked this post