Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Atf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Atf

So, a previous Allison tech has come out and said Allison no longer uses dex6(in mine anyways). That the dex6 will actually dry out seals. They now recommend transynd in all Allison transmissions. Just providing food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Atf

Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    So, a previous Allison tech has come out and said Allison no longer uses dex6(in mine anyways). That the dex6 will actually dry out seals. They now recommend transynd in all Allison transmissions. Just providing food for thought.

For the benefit of an old fart, how are those Allison's holding up? I'm a moderator on loan from a sister site, so I know very little about the Chebby's. Other than what a tech friend of mine tells me. What do you want to know about a Cummins? LOL I'm a Mopar guy. I've left a few of you guys behind over the years. (There goes my ego again LOL)

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen the GM version. Plenty of Fords, and even they are a gray area for me. But I am one Hello a mechanic and Engineer. I can help with techniques. Lots of Old school tips and tricks.

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Atf

Slowpar? Lol mine's strong and true with 220k. I had an 03 with 290k I just sold, and now have an 08 with 210k. Not 1 issue with the trans. The 06 and 08 are stock but the 03 was juiced. The only complaint I have with duramax is the lack of space to work on them.
    I know plenty of mopar guys. They say that Cummings engine can't be beat, but I have yet to see a tranny paired with it that last. On that note a body, front end, or frame(couldn't resist). Most everyone that I know with diesels is 07 or older. Hate that emissions garbage.

5. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post