Premium Membership Benefits

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: First Diesel

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

First Diesel

What's up guys, my name is Matt, and I'm from Artesia, CA. I recently bought a 1998 crew cab, long bed Silverado with an 02' lb7 swap. I was able to drive it from the shop I bought it from to my house, but wouldn't start the next day. I bought the truck for a couple reasons, 1- it's a Duramax, 2- I had a 99' GMC Yukon as my first car and drove the **** out of it, and this truck has the same body style and color as the Yukon, so it felt very familiar yet completely different, and 3- I love projects (even though I should've waited for my 2nd Duramax for a project). Now, the guy who started this project back in Arizona just crammed the the motor and trans into the 98' and didn't really consider how he'd monitor the damn thing till after it was mounted to the truck. He cut the wire harness at the firewall on the engine side and tried to splice it to the stock 98' wire harness, so the only thing that worked was the speedometer. Even though most of the gauges didn't work, the truck still ran the day I bought it, so I figured it was an engine issue. After talking to a couple GM techs I know, I ended up replacing the CP3 within the first week of buying the truck. It did nothing. So I started looking through the wire harness only to find how bad this guy really screwed it up. I talked to the guys over at PPE in Fullerton and they told me to get a standalone harness, but I want the stock cluster and dash to work. They said it would never work with the 98' dash, so I started looking for a wrecked truck to steal the dash and entire engine wire harness, but I couldn't find an 02' Duramax in any wrecking yard in SoCal. So instead, I'm gonna be swapping the entire drivetrain and interior from an 06-07 into the 98'. There's a lot more to this story, but most of it involves just looking for a place to store the damn truck till I get it running. Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome considering this thing covers a few firsts for me (1st pickup, 1st diesel, 1st project, & first vehicle I actually paid for)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX, Dale's Super Store thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX, Dale's Super Store liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@MattFaria welcome friend!

Nice Duramax!!!!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hi ya @MattFaria. Glad you could join us friend.

Also since you're a new member we got something for you. Go to our website http://www.dalessuperstore and enter promo code DSSIGOTA15 (good for $15 off any purchase)

5. Thanks IGOTADURAMAX thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTADURAMAX liked this post